The Prospective Studies of Atherosclerosis consortium
The topics of scientific projects within the Proof-ATHERO consortium are listed below.
0. Paper describing the design and rationale of the Proof-ATHERO consortium.
Status: Published in Gerontology (https://doi.org/10.1159/000508498).
1. Paper evaluating carotid intima-media thickness progression as surrogate marker for cardiovascular risk in clinical trials.
Status: Published in Circulation (https://doi.org/10.1161/CIRCULATIONAHA.120.046361).
2. Paper evaluating the association of near and far wall common-carotid artery intima-media thickness with cardiovascular risk.
Status: Analysis plan circulated to collaborators.
3. Paper investigating the relationship between carotid intima-media thickness and carotid plaque.
Status: Manuscript draft circulated to collaborators.
4. Paper determinating the association between progression of carotid intima-media thickness and cardiovascular risk in haemodialysis patients.
Status: Analysis plan in development.